Monday, February 27, 2017

SE3EP8:
Rain, Snow, Alterations,
Hail, Thunder, and Beauty Tools!

"Ship's Log, Stardate 94762.38:
We've had bizarre atmospheric conditions as of late.  

Fizgig does not approve.



Seattle's latest storm could have given Saturn's a run for its money.  It snowed, sleeted, rained, and hailed all in one go, and to top it off, lightning struck the adorably named "space" needle (which suddenly seemed tiny and very very close... ᕕ(◉Д◉ )ᕗ ) and thunder shook our building downtown for a bit.

Not something Seattleites are used to.  Rain, yes.  Sideways crazy hail and thunder, no.  So I have been indoors as much as possible.  And when I do go out, it's with a raincoat and an umbrella.


And boots.  
Sorry for the dark pics, was waiting for things to dry and lost the light.


I wish I had a raincoat that flared out a bit more so that I didn't have to leave the bottom portion unbuttoned with a petticoat, but it's hard enough to find a clear one, so I may just have to make my own.

Anyway, here is the coordinate I didn't want covered up.


* JSK - AatP Queen's Coach *
* Bonnet - Elpress *
* Blouse - R-Series *


More pearls!


No necklace, though, because there is enough going on in the collar.


And my old Tribeca oxfords, since I'm not afraid to get them a little dirty.  The laces are actually ivory ribbons with Alice in Wonderland story text.  The bag is Evil Live, and I honestly cannot remember the brand of this parasol - I purchased it at a convention a few years ago and added the pearl details later.



In other news...

I went to have drinks and do karaoke with friends, but didn't photograph my outfit; I was in a rush before I got there, and too tired/tipsy after.  I am always running late.

Speaking of which, I am behind on my white rabbit alterations (doing them by hand, so it's taking me a while)!  It fits, but I can't touch my toes without wedgie-ing myself.

Trying it on to see how much room I have to work with.

The additional gusset I'm adding is going to be a lot larger than I originally thought, but it will be worth it, as it will get these much closer to the amount of room I have in my F+F pants.


It's not perfect, but it's my own work.  I'm doing a backstitch with two needles/thread tracks.  This is what it looks like on the other side.


Once the raw edges are dealt with, I'm going to start by temporarily stitching in place a gusset cut from practice fabric, and just trying to do regular things in it, like bend over and sit down.

If it's comfortable, and it doesn't look awkward or add any extra pleats anywhere I don't want them, then I will cut that shape from the fabric I choose to match the pants, making sure to line up the grain.

Whew... wish me luck, guys, I lose patience with hand-sewing like really fast...  taking breaks definitely helps, as does documenting my progress.  It feels good to scroll through and view your progress as you're resting up your fingers.



Oh, one last thing before this report concludes... new inventory!  

And I love this brand name, you guys - it's called Bella and Bear.



Bent "Serval" Eyeliner Brush - I love this one!  It is slightly more angled than my E.L.F. brush, and though the base of bristles is thicker, it tapers more and they are softer.

I use brushes like these to blend out my lash glue.
╰( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° )つ─☆*:・゚  ...so I can skip eyeliner.

"Eye & Mighty" Lash Curler - I mostly got this to straighten and correctly shape my lashes, since they already curl up like everything else does (thanks, genetics).  The tension feels good, and the handle is very comfortable.  It comes with 5 additional silicone bumpers and a drawstring pouch to keep it in.

Without the adorable bag and amount of extra bumpers, I would rate it as about as good as any decent  manual, spring tension, eyelash curler.  Beyond that, it's really just color preference, and whether that particular brand fits your lash line.  Luckily, this one fits me well, and I love the deep ruby red handle.


Alright, that's about it for this week's report!
Hopefully I get off my lazy butt and document some recent outfits to show you next time.  I'm also going to be doing a makeup and skincare product clean out, so I might write up a post on my routines or fav products, and will of course be forever behind on those alterations.  Ahhh!  Bear with meeeeeee~


See you next time, Bear signing off."

This frequency will remain open for response.

No comments:

Post a Comment